Friday, December 31, 2010

2011 Resolutions

I always anticipate the coming of the new year. I love the feeling of starting over, having a clean slate, renewed energy and strength. I also love the new year because I want to purge, put things in order and simplify.

Each year since I was about 12, I've made a list of New Years Resolutions. Many years have come and gone with minimal success. I always "shot for the moon" and missed every time. These are some quotes that describe my yearly attempts until THIS year.


Many people look forward to the new year for a new start on old habits.  ~Author Unknown


A New Year's resolution is something that goes in one year and out the other.  ~Author Unknown



So this year, I've done some soul searching. I've reviewed lists of years past and prayed over what to do this the bounty of this new year.

So with much thought I give you Resolutions 2011

1. Piano lessons for year
2. Increase math knowledge
3. Photography-full manual mode with great lighting knowledge base
4. successfully bake a 2 tier cake and successfully use rolled fondant
5. Christmas Advent-stop talking about it, put notes in order and finish the Merrell Family Advent Book
6. Send out family birthday cards to all with an Abraham Lincoln quote.
7. Cook and bake with confidence
8. Attend the temple quarterly
9. 100% visiting teaching
10. Play more games with the kids
11. Read the Book of Mormon
12. Read the Book of Mormon as a family

No comments:

Post a Comment