Thursday, December 16, 2010

Christmas in German-Pumpkins Version

This is an e-mail I received today from Pumpkins teacher.

So, we talked about Christmas in Germany yesterday and I just had to
tell you what Pumpkin told me.

 I was laughing soooo hard.

 She told me how you guys celebrated the first day of the German celebration and
how the kids put out their shoes.

She told me what gifts they got.

Then she told me that her sister wanted twigs instead of presents in
her shoe so she could hit Pumpkin with them.

Then she said very matter of factly..."Yeah, we both totally hate each other."

I was laughing so hard.

It was funny and sad at the same time.

I'm sure those two will learn to love each other when they are older.

Ms. J


ME: The truth of the matter is, Pumpkin adores (with a capital A) Paris. Paris is annoyed and jealous of Pumpkin. For example Paris' grandmother send Pumpkin a gift that we pick up from our mailbox. Then later that night when Paris came home from an activity, another package on the front porch. Paris' reaction.............seething jealousy.


WHY would HER grandmother send something for a half-sister? WHY would said grandmother NOT send HER anything?

The answer: She's going to visit bio-dad and grandma next week and will be staying for two weeks. I'll post pictures of the loot upon her return.

No comments:

Post a Comment