Tuesday, December 28, 2010

“Each of us has come to this earth with all the tools necessary to make correct choices.”
—President Thomas S. Monson

As the new year approaches, I'm taking stock of the "tools" I've got and one's that need to be sharpened. I love the new year for several reasons and resolutions is just one.

Making correct choices seems to be a given, but in these "the last days" it isn't as such. Standing up for what's right seems to come across as making the wrong decision or offensive in some case or another. If doing the right thing makes some people cringe and reject you, is it a reason to turn away from that which is right?

My answer is no. I'm not here to impress others. Just use the tools I've been given to make the correct choices to do what is right. No questions asked and NO turning back!

I love being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I love knowing that Jesus IS the Christ. I love knowing that my family can be eternal, of course that depends on how we treat each other here. I love knowing that there is a God! He's all knowing but gave me agency to choose for myself. I love that I'm not here (on earth) alone. The Lord is here to guide and protect me. The Savior, Jesus Christ came before, set the example and died for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment